SRSS 2008: An error occurred within the report server database on report deployment

When i tried to deploy a edited report, it gave me the following error:

An error occurred within the report server database. This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database. 

I tried this via Visual Studio 2008 and via report builder 2.0. Both with the same result. The Report builder however gave me a extra line of error:  (rsReportServerDatabaseError) Get Online Help For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors.  So i decided to turn on remote errors to see what went wrong. After some googling i found the following microsoft page. When i enabled remote errors i tried again via report builder and it gave me the following error:

An error occurred within the report server database. This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database. —> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerStorageException: An error occurred within the report server database. This may be due to a connection failure, timeout or low disk condition within the database. —> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Length of LOB data (244318) to be replicated exceeds configured maximum 65536.
The statement has been terminated.

No idea what LOB data is. But i found how you can increase this value here. I executed the following 2 commands (can take a few minutes)

sp_configure ‘max text repl size’, 2147483647
RECONFIGURE

After this i was be able to deploy my edited reports again 🙂

This entry was posted in SQL Reporting Services and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to SRSS 2008: An error occurred within the report server database on report deployment

  1. Serkan says:

    Thanks for your answer…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.