There is a new version available for this tool, you can find more information here!
The following simple website/tool allows a user to change her or his password even when the password is expired or when the administrator enabled “change on next logon”. This is a replacement for the IISADMPWD. You need .net 4.0 and IIS to run this. I use this website at a client i work for who has federated users in office 365. In this case, it is not possible to change a password via portal.microsoftonline.com. I also wrote a powershell script which sends an email every day to every user which has a password which is about to expire. In the email i include the link to this website.
Configuration can be done via web.config and needs 5 settings:
- Domain: internal domain name of the Active Directory
- SearchString: Where to look for the users
- Username: Username with permissions to set, expire and unexpire user passwords
- Password: Password for this user
- PasswordExpiresInDays: Provide in how many days the password expires in AD. Used to calculate if the user password is expired.
[coinwidget address=”1GXAYiCyBg479o1wFMRjUYP2xPCMxhZUTH” currency=”bitcoin” counter=”count” alignment=”al” qrcode=”true” auto_show=”false” lbl_button=”Donate” lbl_address=”Donate” lbl_count=”Donate” lbl_amount=”$$$”] [coinwidget address=”LXp1gpZFus6PpmqDt2izsxGi8yHjdPwMdj” currency=”litecoin” counter=”count” alignment=”al” qrcode=”true” auto_show=”false” lbl_button=”Donate” lbl_address=”Donate” lbl_count=”Donate” lbl_amount=”$$$”]